Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Greater Raleigh National College Fair logo

5 elements: texture

This was my worst design. The focus is the texture. The bird was my drawing and the eye was a part of my photograph. My paintbrush filled my text LOOK. I think it was a success because the texture is definatley the focus but I am not happy with the final product because the design itself doesn't make any sense. The most difficult part was incorporating the photograph.

5 elements: text

The focus of this design is the text. First I made the background my texture and I painted with the paint brush in random colors. On top of that I placed the outline of my pencil drawing and made it a few shades darker. Next, I changed the mode to exaggerate the textured and mellow out the colors. On top of that I placed my text and filled the inside of my text with the photograph of my eye. Then I changed the mode of only the text so some of the texture would show through and changed the hue/saturation to make it stand out more than everything else. The most difficult part of this project was choosing which mode to make the text. Overall, I am happy with the final piece.

5 elements: photograph

The focus of this design is the photograpg I took of my eye. I used my drawing of a bird on low opacity and centered it on my pupil. I used the paintbrush to create the abstract colors on the eye and my texture on the white of the eye. My text was LOOK and I used the horizontal type mask tool to keep it the same colors as my skin only lighter so it doesn't take away from the focus. The most difficult part of this design was getting the colors to look real. If I could do this project over I would not make the white of the eye as bright.

5 elements: drawing

In this design the focus is my drawing of the bird. I tried to use an equal amount of texture and paintbrushto help the bird stand out more. I used my photograph of my eye to create the birds eye. I used the text LOOK faintly in the background so it would take away from the bird. The most difficult thing about creating this image was figuring out how to make the drawing stand out more. One thing I would change about this design is using less texture.

5 elements: brush

The focus of this design is the paint brush that I used to make a splattered effect. I used the outline of my pencil drawing of a bird and made that section darkerso it stands out. I used the photograph of my eye to make an eye for the bird. My text is LOOK which I also made darker to stand out. In the very background I put my texture and changed the mode to make some of the paint brush textured too. The most difficult thing about making this design was figuring out how to incorporate the texture. By making this design I learned the affects of changing the mode in photoshop.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Closer to the Sun- Faces Video

video

I am happy with the final product. I think this piece was a success because I did the best I could and really took my time on it. What worked about this project was my song choice, I was able to find a slower version so you can hear the words clearly. What didn't work was how the tripod we used for taking pictures was not stable, making the video look shaky. If I was going to do this project over again I would be more creative with my poses. The most difficult part of this project was trying to stay in the same position each time we changed faces while taking pictures. One thing I learned from this piece is that sometimes long tedious hard work pays off.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

New York City Trip Poster

I used a custom paint brush for the black background, replaced normal Times Square picture bilboards with famous artwork or pictures of famous artists and used a custom font to write New York City.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Crocabird


I made this crocadile/ bird using photoshop. Next time I make a newimal I would choose a picture with brighter colors in the background and more detail to make it more interesting. I might also make sure the newimal is in the center so it is the main focus of the picture.

Leopard Fish

I made this leopard fish in photoshop using the magic wand tool and low opacity. It was really fun but next time I might try to find a picture of a fish with more color in the background.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Angry Pancake

To make this angry pancake I used photoshop. First, I found a picture of pancakes, then a picture of a parranahs mouth. Using liquify, I made space for a mouth in between the seams of the pancake. After cutting out the parranahs teeth and gums I pasted them onto the pancake and blurred the edges to make them look attatched. Next I changed the color of the gums and teeth to match the color of the pancakes. Later I added an eyeball. I am happy with the final piece; it taught me how to alter pictures in many ways. If I were to do this project over again I would try to be more creative and add arms to the pancake.